Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Un-Birthday Cake Part 2


The Beauty
Today was judgment day, not just for my cake, deemed The Beauty, but for many relationships in a sense. I woke up early this morning to make a simple glaze (recipe follows) and to get dressed for the Un-Birthday Party.



The flowers and the cake
Ok, so maybe the pink scarf I wore and the pink flowers were disobeying the grey theme of the party, but it's not the end of the world. They were just so pretty! When we arrived my aunt had adorned the house with various bouquets. Pics follow:





Anyways, I had a lovely time taking these after breakfast of my mom, our dog Rosie, and my darling sister.





Anyways, Auntie's Un-Boyfriend was lovely. He has a thick accent, which makes him a bit tricky to understand, but either way everyone thinks they're perfect for each other. If they end up together I will believe in love.


The Whole Family: Oma, R----, M---, A-----, Darling Sister, Mom, W----- the Un-Boyfriend, and Auntie. Not pictured: Me, G--- (A-----'s Husband)

Lemon Glaze

2 c. powdered sugar
2 lemons, juiced
Milk

In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and enough milk to make the consistency thin. Poke holes in the finished, cooled cake and pour the glaze over.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment